To use fragmentioner and marginalia on my site, I want to insert SVG icons into the HTML pages. Sounds simple unless you check all the browsers — Chrome and Opera just behave weirdly!
While creating an animated SVG logo for indietech.rocks we ran into a strange problem where the SVG would display in some browsers and not in others. The issue is the different ways browsers handle XML — yes SVG is XML! So here is the problem and its solution.
I’ve been using SVG for illustrations in my post for quite some time and wanted to convert all the little icons littered across the site from icon fonts to SVGs. I’ve managed to do this to my satisfaction and thought I should share my methods.