* Suppose you reply and send a webmention to a post on A’s site. If there are “threaded” replies on A’s site, I could reply to your webmentioned reply through a comment form.
* Then, A’s site could send your reply-post a webmention to notify you and you could then parse and pull in my reply.
* It is A’s choice to send a webmention to you or not. Secondly, comments sent through a comment-form do not have a permalink, so even if you recieve a webmention you’ll have to parse A’s original post and do something.
* Even if you do a bridgy-style backfeed, how many sites and how many posts on each site are you going to keep track of? Bridgy can do it precisely because it tracks profiles on silos.
* Can we not just stop using comment forms and post on our own site? #indiewebKartik Prabhu