Notes

from Jan, 2015

Kartik Prabhu
replied to a post on adactio.com and a post on nolancaudill.com with
I have the same issue with pagination. So on my site I have articles grouped by year (https://kartikprabhu.com/articles) and notes grouped by month (https://kartikprabhu.com/notes), though the UI could be better.
Kartik Prabhu
replied to a post on snarfed.org with
Not an issue for me at all! I deliberately have a slower POSSE process for “likes” and such, where I take the time to post on my site, with some commentary about the original post. This shields me from the “like everything” that happens on silos and I only collect deliberate, reasonable things I like on my own site. Edit: Also experience with bridgy suggests that silo APIs are quite unreliable; Twitter sometimes does not return favs for instance. I would hate to lose posts because the silo API barfed.
Kartik Prabhu
replied to a post on Twitter with
“Graphic storytelling and visual narrative — Will Eisner ” nicely written and illustrated, full of ideas with a graphic narrative!
Kartik Prabhu
replied to a post on Twitter with
count me in! Trains are awesome.
Kartik Prabhu
replied to a post on www.clintpatty.com and a post on kylewm.com with
Welcome Clint! To add to what Kyle said, writing code is not the only way to contribute. Design mockups, pointing out troublesome areas, maybe some feature you’d like to have but is not covered/explained appropriately, are all good things to do. But, most importantly, owning your web identity is a great start, maybe also help friends/others to do the same… Indieweb is not just for coders.
Kartik Prabhu
replied to with
love the composition in this one. Also, the all blue background makes the ships stand out a lot.
Kartik Prabhu
replied to with
awesome colours and the fog is just brilliant! a really great photograph
Kartik Prabhu
Kartik Prabhu
liked a post on werd.io because
‘ “The cloud” sounds fluffy and nice, but it actually means that you’re storing your stuff on someone else’s hard drive.[…] Their hard drives, their rules.’
Kartik Prabhu
liked a post on michielbdejong.com because
“About 0.1% of us who know how to write a computer program and run a server. The other 99.9% of the world population can not choose to join the Indie Web, because they don’t possess the skills. Think about that.”
Kartik Prabhu
replied to a post on www.kevinmarks.com with
“What we realised working on indieweb is thet we already have a lingua franca for webpages and blogs, and that is HTML.” This is, I think, the main reason why interop is actually possible on the indieweb. Ultimately every webpage is HTML so just use that; no need to reinvent the wheel for everything, everytime.
Kartik Prabhu
Hey Facebook, at least let me log out while I wait for your damn javascripts to load. Ever heard of #progressiveenhancement?
Kartik Prabhu
replied to a post on Twitter with
@CraigMod I’d love an archive. I keep wanting to point friends to the one with the Red Strings and all…
Kartik Prabhu
liked a post on morning.computer because
“New Year’s is a story we tell ourselves, of course. It’s absolute bullshit. We all know it. But it’s a good story, so we keep on telling it. Every year, on and on. And who’s to say that, one golden year, it might not come true?” — @WarrenEllis in The Bells The Bells
Kartik Prabhu
liked a post on aaronparecki.com because
brilliant gradient with sky and clouds!
Kartik Prabhu
replied to and a post on Google+ with
great work with composing this. The dots of carts in the background somehow reinforce his motion!
Kartik Prabhu
replied to and a post on Google+ with
I like the framing of this one, but I find that the curves of the boats in the background pulls you away from the main focus/subject.
Kartik Prabhu
liked a post on Twitter because
“There should be a test for new startups: “Is this better than a text file?” If the answer isn’t “duh, a lot better” you have to try again.”
Kartik Prabhu
liked because
great talk by @BretVictor on The Humane Representation of Thought with possible lessons for #indieweb #science Found via @adactio