Kartik PrabhuX helps law officer = the TV show Y
1. X = doctor/writer Y = Sherlock
2. X = writer Y = Castle
3. X = devil Y = Lucifer
4. X = criminal mastermind Y = The Blacklist
5. X = mathematician Y = Numb3rs
6. X = “psychic” Y = Psych
7. X = idiot with data in his head Y = Chuck
8. X = germaphobic genius Y = Monk
anymore you can think of?Kartik Prabhu
@olivermakes @michaelsoolee not against Disqus as a policy.
Indiewebcamp is mainly about you owning your content. But it depends on you how you balance that with the ease of publishing. The main point is you can do whatever you like on your own site including using Disqus if you wish.
Also, there is POSSE: http://indiewebcamp.com/POSSE so you can publish on your site but send copies to Twitter etc. And you can also backfeed the comments from Twitter to your own site.Kartik Prabhu
I wouldn’t describe LSC’s approach to the announcement as “paranoid”. They went about the whole process in the most careful and professional manner possible, given the “leaked rumours”.
Hopefully this serves as a model for the future on how to do “big” announcements properly.Kartik Prabhu
Kartik PrabhuPSA: Instead of harping on and on about Einstein’s one “big brain”, appreciate the immense effort and perseverance of thousands of experimentalists, data analysts, numerical relativists, model builders behind #LIGOKartik PrabhuTake that Higgs boson! #LIGOKartik Prabhu
Nice UI. Might I suggest
1. Using the “title” attribute (or the inner text) to provide a useful title for the feed instead of just the URL.
2. Using the “type” attribute to show what kind of feed it is.Kartik Prabhu