Update: Non-break spaces seems to be a problem in Chrome but not in Firefox; on the other hand ampersands work in both!
Non-break spaces seem to work with my fragmentioner script. See the demo test https://kartikprabhu.com/static/demo/fragmention.html#non-breaking%20space++2
My script is https://github.com/kartikprabhu/fragmentioner.Kartik Prabhu2017 indieweb commitments
* remove the over-zealous fragmention handling in receiving webmentions which assumes the double-hash “##” notation; use whatever URL is received. update marginalia to accept this.
* delete the responses container if all responses are marginalia.
* remove marginalia.js from notes (since it is useless there), and put only on article permalink pages.
* fix responsive images height issue: currently my responsive images don’t know their heights and so cause flow when they load. This interferes with fragmention for instance.
* fix hfeed2atom to display response-context in the Atom feed.
* develop a mf2-format for a bibliography to represent metadata of scientific papers in HTML+mf2. Use it to get better representation of data on https://kartikprabhu.com/papers. Prior-art: bibtex format, Atom/RSS from http://arxiv.org, others?Kartik Prabhu
“Designing a loosely‐coupled system can take more work. The payoff is that the overall result is more resilient to failure. Individual parts of the system can be swapped out with a minimum of knock‐on effects.”Kartik Prabhu
and this is why CSS is awesome
“There’s a huge variation in visual style: colour schemes, typographic treatments, textures and layouts. All of that variety is made possible by one simple pattern that describes all the CSS ever written:
That’s it.”Kartik Prabhu
this is why HTML is so awesome!
“Now consider what happens when that same web browser encounters an element it doesn’t recognise.[…]
Once again, the browser displays the text between the opening and closing tags. What’s interesting here is what the browser doesn’t do. The browser does not throw an error. The browser does not stop parsing the HTML at this point, refusing to go any further. Instead, it simply ignores the tags and displays the content within.”Kartik Prabhu