There is also fragmention proposal by @kevinmarks https://indieweb.org/fragmentionKartik PrabhuB: We need a better social network.
A: Do you like ads?
A: Can I sell your data?
A: Can I have your data anyway?
A: Do you want to host it yourself?
A: Do you want to pay for this better social network?
A: OK, bye!Kartik PrabhuSeems like @facebook is becoming a place more for shopping and less for people.
see also: https://kartikprabhu.com/notes/twitter-for-brands
Someone should invent a new social network!
I think what you are looking for is Webmention https://indieweb.org/WebmentionKartik Prabhu2017 indieweb commitments
* remove the over-zealous fragmention handling in receiving webmentions which assumes the double-hash “##” notation; use whatever URL is received. update marginalia to accept this.
* delete the responses container if all responses are marginalia.
* remove marginalia.js from notes (since it is useless there), and put only on article permalink pages.
* fix responsive images height issue: currently my responsive images don’t know their heights and so cause flow when they load. This interferes with fragmention for instance.
* fix hfeed2atom to display response-context in the Atom feed.
* develop a mf2-format for a bibliography to represent metadata of scientific papers in HTML+mf2. Use it to get better representation of data on https://kartikprabhu.com/papers. Prior-art: bibtex format, Atom/RSS from http://arxiv.org, others?Kartik Prabhu